Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Singapore - the beginning

Three days in Singapore-not really enough but it gave us a taste of what the holiday would be like and eased us into the Far East.




ISN'T THIS WHAT RETIREMENT IS ALL ABOUT? HAVING A COFFEE IN AN AIRPORT WAITING FOR A FLIGHT? YOU BET.




One of our first views of Singapore. It is a huge totally westernized city. Our guide said that if you ever wanted to eat or drink something at any hour of the day/night, something would be open.




One of the IT guys where I used to work is a huge Formula 1 fan. Dahryn, imagine being here to watch the F1 race at night?!! I need to find a copy of the race so I can say that I was on the track. That is a replica of a real F1 car on the bus stop.


Had a tour of Singapore one morning. Saw this guy and his snake. He wanted to wrap it around me or anyone else who was in the area. What did Indiana Jones say: "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?"



We also went to China town. Could hardly wait for the real thing.



The weather in Singapore is ideal for growing orchids. We went to an Orchid Garden in a huge park. The flowers were amazing. Wish we could grow them here.





Okay. The tallest Ferris Wheel in the world, for at least one year. I was the one who suggested it, honest boys. Heights and I don't really get along too well. But I figured, what could go wrong? Nothing for our trip, but I have heard about people being stranded on the London Eye for a couple of hours. Now that I think about it, I would not have wanted to be in that pod with the little kid for two hours. His parents had no control and he was busy running around the pod and jumping on the floor and letting loose with the odd high-pitched scream. But the views were amazing!!





The Merlion is the symbol of Singapore. It is a mythical being which combines the Lion of Great Britain and the Mermaid to represent the original fishing village status of the original Singapore.


Next stop - Chiang Mai and a visit with Terry and Nicki.

1 comment:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

I still can't believe you got on that thing.

Ah, Indiana Jones references - I'm so excited for the movie!